Monday, April 20, 2009

SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT.

For those of you that know me, you know very well that I am very proud of living in Arizona.  While most people complain about the weather, or claim there isnt that much to do, I still wouldnt have wanted to be raised in any other place.  Last night I got to see one of my favorite bands, GIN BLOSSOMS who are from Tempe, perform LIVE, something that I always wanted to do.  Not only did I get to see them live, but I got to see them at home, in AZ.  My home as well as theirs.  It was an experience I wont soon forget.  And I thought that no other local event would top it.  But today, that memory already has competition coming.

A few weeks ago, FOX announced a contest for XMEN ORIGINS: WOLVERINE, where the WORLD PREMIERE would be held in one city in America, and all you had to do to win was vote for your town and whoever had the most votes won.  And in case you didnt hear this morning; HARKINS THEATERS AT THE TEMPE MARKETPLACE IN TEMPE ARIZONA WILL BE HOSTING THE WORLD PREMIERE OF XMEN ORIGINS: WOLVERINE.  AND I WILL BE THERE.  REWIND.  The announcement was made this morning on every newspaper and news cast in the valley, and the actual announcement was held at the CINE CAPRI theater at NOON.  It was reported that the announcement would be open to the public, but a drawing would be held and only 100 people would be selected for tickets to the PREMIERE.  Surprise!  It was announced that ALL PEOPLE in the theater would be getting a ticket to the premiere and if your names were pulled from the drawing, you would win an extra ticket.  SURPRISE!  ALSO announced is that this premiere will be the LARGEST premiere of all time, with WOLVERINE playing simultaneously on all 16 screens at the HARKINS THEATER.  Dan Harkins came out and said the exact same thing I was thinking at the same time I was thinking it; This is my first Hollywood world premiere, and it will be in my hometown.  And I cannot be more excited.  Its going to be one hell of a night and Im ready for it.  This is the WORLD PREMIERE, that means actors, actresses, red carpet, cameras, news outlets, film journalists, AND ME.  RADICAL!

2 comments:

The name is Desiree, you can call me ~Diggz~ said...

OHHH MYY FUCKING GAWD!!!!!!!!!!!!
DOoooooooood! I am soo sooo sooooo happy for you!!!!!!!!!!! yayayyayayayayaaaay! ^_^ you totally deserve this!
congrats!!

Julian said...

Shit dude, you are the only source of media I trust now a days, I am so glad it will be your local review I'm reading and not that stuck up snob sonofabitch form new times. If you see Christian bale, tell him I said he’s an ass hole and the workers union says hello.