Wednesday, November 19, 2008

ALL WATCHMEN. ALL THE TIME.

I apologize for all the WATCHMEN news on the site. It seems more like a WATCHMEN fansite than a blog, but its not. Its just that, besides other things, WATCHMEN is prolly the biggest thing in my life right now. That being said the new trailer for WATCHMEN has been posted on yahoo movies, and its 10x better than the last one, check it out. Also, I was reading an interview with the film's director and he said that the ending in the book is different from the ending in the movie. While that is going to piss a lot of folks off, I agree with the decision. People need to understand that comic books and film are two very different story telling meduims. While some elements can work in one, they can't work in the other. WATCHMEN is a prime example. The ending to the novel, while outlandish at first, is very appropriate, it makes sense, it makes the story fit together like a watch (that was two references in one, if you can guess which two, I'll send you a t-shirt). But that ending will not work in movies. At least not right now. All the more reason to read the book. This is my one final push to get you all to read the book BEFORE the movie comes out, and then I'll stop. Also I wrote all this out on my iPhone. Solely so I could say that statement, and to show how hard I work for all of you. Because it was murderously hard without a goddamn mouse.

No comments: